On Wednesday, June 3rd, the Township Office will be closed at 12:00 noon and re-open at 1:00 p.m.
WELCOME TO ELK GROVE TOWNSHIP
A Message from Supervisor Michael Sweeney
Welcome to Elk Grove Township! It is an honor and a privilege to serve as Elk Grove Township Supervisor. As a lifelong resident of Elk Grove Township I remember going to bike safety as a student at St. Zachary School in Des Plaines. At the time I didn’t know what Township Government was, but I knew about Bike Safety Town. Over the years I learned that Bike Safety is a great program, but Elk Grove Township is so much more. Township government is the oldest form of government in Illinois and continues to be an integral part of our community.
Today Elk Grove Township provides residential property tax advocacy and essential human services. As a Township we provide direct and indirect human services. Direct services include Senior Citizen Bus transportation, Youth Services and a food pantry. In addition to our direct services, Elk Grove Township provides grants to organizations that provide human services to our residents. The Kenneth Young Center, The Northwest Community Hospital Mobile Dental Clinic and Wings, among others, are organizations that receive Township grants. Contracting with outside organizations to serve our residents creates efficiency and allows us to stretch every tax dollar we receive and avoid duplication of service. We take pride in providing the best service possible as efficiently as possible.
I’m proud to say that Elk Grove Township is working very well. The Township has no debt, is 100% funded in its pension obligations and has a healthy surplus.
Please explore our website and learn more about what we do. We are an open book. On our site you can find our minutes, levies, budgets and other financial information. If you do not see the information you need please give us a call or send us an email and we’ll be happy to help. Don’t forget to sign up for our email updates. Your email will be confidential and you will only receive Township information.
I look forward to continuing to serve you.
Current News & Notes:
- May 26th, 2015 Notice of Public Hearing
- May 26th, 2015 Board Meeting Agenda
- April 27th, 2015 Board Meeting Agenda
- April 14th, 2015 Executive Session Agenda
- April 14th, 2015 Executive Session
- April 13th, 2015 Executive Session Agenda
- April 13th, 2015 Executive Session
- April 8th, 2015 Executive Session Agenda
- April 8th, 2015 Executive Session
- March 31, 2015 Executive Session Agenda
- March 31, 2015 Executive Session
- March 30, 2015 Executive Session Agenda
- March 30, 2015 Executive Session
- March 30, 2015 Public Hearing Agenda
- March 30, 2015 Notice of Public Hearing
- March 23, 2015 Executive Session Agenda
- Public Notice of Executive Session
- March 23, 2015 Board Meeting Agenda
- February 23, 2015 Board Meeting Agenda
- February 9, 2015 Executive Session Agenda
- January 26, 2015 Committee of the Whole Meeting Agenda
- January 26, 2015 Board Meeting Agenda
- December 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
- November 24, 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
- November 11, 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
- November 11, 2014 Special Board of Trustees Meeting
- November 3, 2014 Special Board Meeting
- October 27, 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
- October 27, 2014 Committee of the Whole Meeting Agenda
- September 2014 Board Meeting Agenda
- Rolling Meadows Assessor’s Office Closing
See the map below for directions to the Skokie Courthouse - Cook County Assessor’s Office.
Elk Grove Township is a Passport Acceptance Facility!
Please call for an appointment and for a list of documents that are needed!
Elk Grove Township Mission Statement
It is the mission of the government of Elk Grove Township to carry out the duties and responsibilities of Township government as prescribed by Illinois law, to provide for the health, safety and welfare of Township citizens of all ages, to maintain the highways and property of the Township professionally and economically and to carry out this mission in a timely and efficient manner with the highest degree of service to the taxpayers, thereby continuing the tradition of Elk Grove Township.