Two Property Tax Assessment Appeal Seminars for Elk Grove Township
Cook County Board of Review Commissioner Dan Patlak will be holding two property tax appeal seminars at the Elk Grove Township Office on September 4th & 19th for taxpayers seeking to appeal their 2019 property tax assessments. Please click here for more detailed information about the seminars and the specific flyers for each seminar.
Property After Death Seminar
Protect your property from fraud and unnecessary costs through this free workshop. Learn how to safely transfer your home, vehicles, and bank account without a will and trust to your heirs. Please click here to view details about the upcoming event.
Cook County Recorder of Deeds, Karen Yarbrough, Warns Against Companies Using Name of Office to Sell Free Services
Recorder of Deeds Karen Yarbrough is officially asking a company operating under the name “Home Title Lock” to cease and desist from using the name of the Office of the Cook County Recorder of Deeds to sell a fraud monitoring service that Cook County Recorder of Deeds offers for free. Click here to see the full Press Release from the Recorder’s office.
News from the Assessor
Cook County property tax bill payment deadline is August 1, 2019
Active Duty Military Personnel and Veterans are eligible for a Cook County Military and Veterans Discount Card. Click here to view programs’ information.
Click here to read the Assessor’s January 2019 edition of “Assessing the Situation”.
Meet the Assessor and Staff
Connie Carosielli – First elected in 1989, Connie takes pride in the increased levels of service to the Elk Grove Township residential taxpayers that have occurred during her tenure. Functioning as “taxpayer advocates”, her staff has saved taxpayers millions of dollars in their effort to establish accuracy and fairness in the Cook County property tax system.
As a past president of the Cook County Township Assessor’s Association and a member of its’ board of directors for the last 20 years, she constantly strives to improve communications with the community with educational outreach programs and public speaking. The Illinois Property Assessment Institute presented Connie with the Marshal Theroux Memorial Award for “leadership and distinguished achievement in the Illinois assessment profession.”
A graduate of University of Holy Names College in California with post graduate work, Connie has lived in Mt. Prospect for over 40 years, and is committed to serving the community.
Laurie Wagner – Laurie Wagner has been with the Assessor’s Office since 2002. She received her Certified Illinois Assessment Officer (C.I.A.O.) designation in 2004. Mrs. Wagner came to the Assessor’s Office from the recruiting and employment field. Laurie has been a resident in Mount Prospect for over 35 years and has one daughter, Carri.
Role of the County Assessor – The Cook County Assessor is required by law to identify and assign fair market values to all properties in Cook County. The Cook County Assessor does not set taxes, mail bills or collect taxes. The Assessor is responsible only for your assessed valuation.
Role of the Township Assessor – By statute the township Assessor is the Deputy to the Cook County Assessor and is under direction from that office. However, since the Township Assessor does not assess, this office is in the unique position to assist Taxpayers with assessed value complaints, along with other services such as filing exemptions.
Services Available to Elk Grove Township Taxpayers:
- Homeowner Exemption and Certificate of Error
- Senior Exemption & Certificate of Error
- Senior Freeze Exemption & Instructions-Tax Year 2018
- Occupancy Affidavit
- Disabled Persons’ Homeowner Exemption
- Disabled Veterans’ Standard Homeowner Exemption
- Returning Veterans’ Homeowner Exemption
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Deferral Program
- Property Location Changes
- Assessed Value Complaints
- Triennial Reassessment
- Filing Certificates of Error Application
- Board of Review Complaints
- Property Characteristic
- Applications for Division and Consolidation of Properties
- Notary Service
It is important that you know that any question that you might have in regard to property tax can be directed to our office.
We will be happy to give you all the information at our disposal. If we do not have the answer to your questions, it will become a priority to get the information for you.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. or call us at 847-437-0300.
View this important video from Commissioner Dan Patlak
- www.cookcountyassessor.com This site provides information about the Cook County Assessor’s Office, which is responsible for assessing all property in Cook County. You can use this site to look up the assessment and characteristics of your property as well as the other 1.8 million parcels of property in the county. That information can be used as evidence in your assessment appeal at the County Assessor’s Office, Board of Review and Property Tax Appeal Board. The County Assessor’s site also contains information about property exemptions
- www.cookcountyboardofreview.com This site will tell you how to file an assessment appeal at the Board of Review.
- www.cookcountytreasurer.com The Treasurer’s web site allows you to check the status of your property tax bill payments as well as directing you where and how to pay your tax bill. Information is available on refunds, services for senior exemptions and tax dates.
- www.ccrd.info The Cook County Recorder of Deeds website can be used to look up information about property transaction, deeds and mortgages.
- www.state.il.us/agency/ptab The state of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB) website will provide information on how to file an assessment appeal at PTAB. **ALERT***Be advised that you may only file an appeal at PTAB if you have previously filed an appeal at the Cook County Board of Review for the tax year in question.