A dozen local businesses will meet with candidates and set up interviews. A seminar on resume creation will also be provided for attendees. Elk Grove Township is hosting a Job Fair with a dozen area companies looking to fill open positions on Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, February 14, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. until 10:15 a.m. The […]
Elk Grove Township Offers Free Career Seminars In 2017
Elk Grove Township Employment Support Center has resources and services for job-seeking residents that includes: resume review, job search help, tips and unconventional ways to find jobs, resource materials, computers, printers, and free seminars. Our staff is ready to serve those who are seeking a new opportunity! We have multiple job listings posted on our resource board in the main hallway and dozens more that are sent out via email blast. If you, or someone you know is looking for employment, please call us at 224-222-0935.
The next Career Seminar entitled “Your Career Marketing Strategy” will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 from 10:30 a.m. to noon at Elk Grove Township.
It is essential that you have a strategy or an approach to follow in any job search. This seminar will give you the key elements of a successful marketing approach found successful in a job search.
Elk Grove Township Employment Support Center -Conference Room, 2400 S. Arlington Hts. Road 60005
Presenter: Bob Podgorski – “The Career Guy”.
Other upcoming seminars you can attend (Event Times are 10:30 – Noon unless otherwise noted.)
July 25th – Showing You’re Not Standing Still
August 24th – How to Work A Job Fair – Special Time 1:00 – 2:30
September 19th – Creating an Essential Career Portfolio
November 14th – The Purpose Driven Job Search
Sign up for the Coast2Coast Prescription Card
To Register for a Coast2Coast Rx Card (“The Card”) Click here and then choose “Elk Grove Township, Illinois”. Provide the requested information and then print a copy of The Card . It is a free discount prescription card honored by more than 59,000 pharmacies nationwide and it offers discounts on more than 60,000 drugs. Just follow the easy instructions to register and then begin to receive possible discounts on your medications, dental care and eyecare costs.
Sample and Information for Coast2Coast Rx Card
Elk Grove Township has a Vet Center Licensed Clinical Social Worker for Combat Veterans and their families.
- You can schedule an appointment with Tim Heiney by calling him at 847.332.1019 or via email at Timothy.Heiney@VA.Gov
- Click here for additional details.
Click on the link below to download the Agency Grant Application for 2017-2018
- Elk Grove Township Agency Grant Application 2017-2018
- Elk Grove Township Agency Grant Application 2017-2018 (Word Version)
Click on the links below to see the many Agency’s funded by Elk Grove Township:
- Catholic Charities
- Children’s Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County
- Clearbrook Center
- Community Connections Center
- Community Education Township High School District 214
- Countryside Association for People with Disabilities
- Escorted Transportation Services
- HandsOn Suburban Chicago
- Journeys the Road Home
- Kenneth Young Center – Community Mental Health and Senior Services
- Life Span
- Little City Foundation
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
- Northwest Community Healthcare Foundation
- Northwest Compass
- Northwest Suburban Day Care Center
- The Society for Preservation of Human Dignity
- Search, Inc.
- Shelter, Inc.
- Northwest Special Recreation Association
- Suburban Primary Health/Access to Care
Links to our Surrounding Communities:
- Village of Arlington Heights
- City of Des Plaines
- Village of Elk Grove
- Village of Mt. Prospect
- City of Rolling Meadows