Throughout the month of November, Elk Grove Township and Community Consolidated
School District 59 (CCSD59) are partnering for the third annual Snow Angels campaign.
The program collects donated snow boots and pants, which benefit in-need children
attending CCSD59 schools.
Community members are asked to donate new and/or gently used snow pants and
boots for girls and boys. These donations give under-resourced children the ability to go
outside for recess when snow is on the ground, because snow pants and boots are
required by the school district for a child to be able to participate.
“We are grateful for the partnerships we have established with CCSD59 over the last
couple of years, as well as with all of our community drop-off location partners,” said Elk
Grove Township Supervisor Mike Sweeney. “Each of these partners have helped us to
ensure these children have the winter gear they need.”
Drop off boxes will be at the following locations during the month of November:
• Elk Grove Township: 2400 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights
• Admin Building: 2123 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, and all CCSD59
• Parkway Bank & Trust Company: 1408 W. Algonquin Road in Arlington Heights and
951 Meacham Road in Elk Grove Village
• Prince of Peace United Methodist Church: 1400 Arlington Heights Road, Elk Grove
• Shinnyo-En Chicago Temple: 120 E. Devon Ave., Elk Grove Village
• Christus Victor Lutheran Church: 1045 S. Arlington Heights Road, Elk Grove Village
• Frisbie Senior Center: 52 E. Northwest Highway, Des Plaines
Donations for the Snow Angels program will be accepted until Thursday, November 30,
2017. For more information, contact Elk Grove Township at 847-437-0300.